21 Feb 2009

Today's Filming

Today I went out with the actor to play my second villan character, Greg.

We had allot of fun with the camera, and trying out different shots and angles. Overall I think that the day went well. I had a few speed bumps to get over (often quite litterally) but managed to improvise and substitue everything that I needed to.

One of the biggest problems that I faced during the days filming was trying to create the one clip in my storyboard, where I am filming the curb, and the car goes past and splashes a puddle over the curb. Because it was such a dry day, I knew that I would need to create the puddle myself. I took out 4 2 ltr bottles of water to the location, and tried several different things to try and get it to work. None of them succesful. I tried putting a bottle with a loose lid by the curb and having driven over... No success. I tried pouring one out onto the floor where I had dammed it in with sand... No success. After a few more attempts, I gave up and concluded that I wasn't going to be able to pull that one off with the time and resources that I had.

Another few mistakes were made during filming, during the first couple of takes, I had completely missed the fact that I was actually casting a shadow into the shot. After I then moved it was all fine, And I managed to get some really nice shots.

All in all I think that the day went well, and I really enjoyed having the freedom to do what I want and direct my actors how I want to. I think that I will be able to use the footage that I have got well, and use it to move my story along smoothly.

No comments: