26 Feb 2009

Feedback from Rough Cut

Camera

Feedback Summary: On the whole most people said that I had used a variety of interesting and clever camera shots. And that I should just leave them as they were.

What I changed: Because people liked my camera work, and I couldn't really change it atall, I left it as it was, and when shooting the last bit that I shot, I made sure to use the same style of camera work as I had for the whole thing already.

Mise En Scene

Feedback Summary: Overall people loved the cars that I used, and the locations that were used. But some did mention on the fact that some of the costumes didn't seem quite in place.

What I changed: Because I couldn't go back and re-shoot any of the footage I just made sure that in the last shooting session everyone was wearing something suitable.

Editing

Feedback Summary: Mostly people liked how it was edited together. Commenting on the quick cuts and smooth flow that it had. But some didn't like the fact that there was very few cross fades in.

What I changed: I added a few cross fades and made sure to keep everything flowing the way it needed to to keep the audience interested.

Sound

Feedback Summary: Because the speakers in the classroom weren't working terribly well, not many people could hear the sound. But those who did thought that the voice over explaining everything worked well, especially when the editing cuts to black after certain things were said. They also said that it needed some sort of soundtrack, music to go along the bacground of the voice over.

What I changed: I spend a good hour working on the soundtrack. Making sure that it wasn't too complex for me to cut it and change the volume in final cut to fit it around the voice over.

Titles

Feedback Summary: There weren't any, but people thought that it should keep the titles in a place on the shot where they fit in with the scenery. Making sure that they do not obstruct anything or distract the audience too much.

What I changed: I put all the titles in, making sure that they were in places that worked well, and were not obstructing anything. Rotating them so they fitted in well with the scenery.

No comments: