20 Jan 2009

Test Image

I today found an image on Flickr that is not liscenced, and free to use, in order to test out the idea that I had for the title credits when introducing the actors. In the Style of the Rock'n'Rolla poster.

I have had a quick play about in photoshop, and have come up with a simple image that I will then use as a base point for my credits.



To achieve this effect I have turned the image into grey scale by de-saturating it. Then I altered the levels slightly to make the lighter parts of the image more visable, and then applied a gradient mixer so the two colours are the only ones shown. Then I applied a Cutout filter and created a simple background with a few custom "Splatter" brushes. After applying the text and some effects to that, I was done. A simple but effective process.

I think that I will need to have a test go at using the same effect with a clip of my own, and also animating the image at the end of the clip. To complete the process. I'm looking forward to having a go at that. Which I will probably do soon, either later this week or next.

No comments: