24 Jan 2009

Possible Fonts

I have had a look at some title sequences, and while on the most part they use very bland fonts, but some of them have used more interesting fonts, and I was thinking that I could possibly use some different fonts for my Opening Sequence. Making sure that they fit with the genre and film, I can now look for some different fonts than the standard ones found on my laptop.

--------------
20 minutes later
--------------


Now that I have looked at some fonts on www.dafont.com and have picked out a few to consider using for my sequence.

I thought about what might work for my sequence, and I thought that I will need something to suit my genre and film. And I thought that for a graphic novel you would usually use something big and in-your-face; so I had a look on dafont and found a few, looking under the catagories :

Fancy - Eroded
Fancy - Distorted
Fancy - Curly

I found a few that I really liked and have put them on this simple Photoshop image:


I have also made sure that these fonts are free to use, so I can't get caught up in some copyright deal with the owner of the fonts.

The ones that I have selected would all fit under the catagory "Graphic Novel" and so would fit in with my film. At the moment I am not completely sure which one i should use, if not more than one. I was thinking perhaps I could use a different font for each of the characters, so when I introduce them, I can use a font that fits the character, even though I will be introducing the names of the actors not the characters.


List of the Font Names (Not in order shown)

Aftershock Debris
Ank
Beyond Wonderland
Broken Ghost
Chicago House
Docteur Atomic
Hard Rock
Steak
Vtks

No comments: