24 Jan 2009

Images for Mood Board

Next week I will be creating a mood board for my project. Before hand I am going to collect a set of images that I can use for inspiration. Here is a long list of images that I could use:











I know that a few of these go off the page, but I can talk about them none the less. From these images I can see that allot of graphic novels use either very vibrant colours or very dull colours, either sepia tone or a lower saturation effect. I think that I can easily acieve the latter effect, and that is what I was going for originally, the other might be a little harder, but I am not going for that effect anyway, so it doesn't really matter too much. Perhaps I will look at doing something like that at a later date, when my project brief fits that effect.

The following image I found very interesting indeed. Because this is a graphic novel that came up under a search for "Crime Graphic Novel" it is an extract from the Max Payne 2 graphic novel. This is especially helpful for me because I am doing something along those lines.



From this I can see that another Detective Graphic Novel has been done showing the detective as a dark character, the lighting is very dark/dim, and I can see that there are few other characters. This is exactly the type of style I was going for, and the shots shown here are easy enough to re-create. Hopefully these images will help me with my moodboard next week.

No comments: