18 Jan 2009

Film Pitch 2

Film Brief 2: A supernatural thriller that will appeal to female audiences. Your film should appear to be an international co-production.

For this Brief I was thinking about going with a very 'Disney' or 'Twilight' type of film, its aimed at a young female audience, based around fairys and wizards, it could easily be recognised as a supernatural film. To add the Thriller part into it, I was thinking about, instead of doing the basic and most common thing that people do when thinking of Thrillers, and adding in lots of blood and guns etc. But instead going on more of a "Save the Princess from the Dragon" idea. I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I think that perhaps adding the right amount of tension to certain situations in the film, I could make this easily seem like a thriller for a younger audience.

Here is my idea:

A young group of Female characters, Fairies, are stubling through a forest one rainy day, when they all get split up, and are forced to go out into the forest alone in search of rescue or each other. The film is about the group of them trying to find each other. They all have a different storyline to their journey, some of them might meet up, some of them may end up alone. By the end of the film one of them dies, and the rest get together again.

I think that this would be a good idea, and perhaps easier to pull off that the last one, but no where near as interesting to make. In order to make this seem like more of an ' International co-production' I will add foreign names to the titles. Simple enough to pull off.

No comments: