29 Jan 2009

Test Footage

A few posts ago, I tried out turning a still image into a Rock'n'Rolla style image. It worked quite well, and I was pleased with the outcome. I also said that I was going to try and test out the effect that I was thinking of doing with some live footage. Here it is:





To create this I have taken two short clips from youtube. For the first clip I made a freeze frame of the last frame, and used photoshop to turn it into the comic style image that I wanted. I then did this with the first and last frames of the second clip (although its very short). After that I put all three images along with the two video clips into after effects, and then animated the different layers to rotate and turn into eachother. Creating the Transition that I was after.

I am fairly proud of this, although I know there are many mistakes, and most of them just stupid mistakes, I think that this is a good oppertunity for me to practice some more, maybe when I get home and charge my camera a bit I can try again with some of my own footage.

No comments: