3 Mar 2009

Evaluation Activity 2 - Pictures of me and my work.


What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?



Here is a picture of me doing some filming. Camera - Headphones - Tripod - HD tape. Using them for all of my filming, setting up different static shots with the tripod, and some tracking shots with either one of the cars' in my scene or my skateboard. Learning lots about how shots are set up, and recorded in a suitable way. I also had to learn how the tripod worked, and how I would use it to move the camera so I could get motion shots and track the car.



Here is me doing some editing in Final Cut. Using it to most of my editing and cut all of my shots up so I could arrange them all and make them fit with their surrounding shots. Also using it to add all of the titles one by one. What I learnt from using this software was about all the different transitions that I can use in my video, fading into black, and fading into the next shot.



And some editing in After Effects. Here I was using it to add all of the special effects to begin with, but after several test shots I decided that they weren't neccesary and took them out, in the end all I used from this software was the title that I made for the film. I learnt that everything that I do in after effects has its price on the system that I am using, the more I add to it the slower it runs and the longer it takes to render and preview it all.


And here is the blog where I post all of my work as I do it, Uploading everything that is relevant and every piece of planning that I do for my project. I used this to keep a record of everything I did, and everything that I planned to do. I learnt that this is a good way of keeping track of everything I do and everything I want to do. By keeping a schedule on my blog I managed to get everything in order and keep everything on track, enough so that I could get my work completed on time.

Overall I think that all the software and hardware that I used all ties in together, without only one of the many pieces that I used, I would not have been able to complete this project. Because each piece of equipment, hardware or software, played a part in the creation of my final piece. Using each of them was a great opportunity to use a range of techniques, and ideas. I could have used some substitute technologies to achieve my goal, but the ones that I did use would be my first choice again.

Learning a large manner of thing about the equipment that I have used in this project, I feel that next time I will be able to achieve what I want allot quicker than I did this time around, because I had to spend time learning about what to do, now that I know allot more techniques about the equipment, next time I will be able to make sure that I get everything done allot quicker and be able to get it done to a much higher standard so I have more time to focus on the special effects and editing. Refining my video much more.

By planning on the blog, shooting with the cameras, Editing in final cut and after effects, and then finally posting the finnished project on my blog, it all goes round in a nice circle, ending up at the same place it began.







No comments: